Savery’s insulation jacket is an armature cover that helps to prevent heat losses around the valves while maintaining easy accessibility for the operation and maintenance. A valve jacket is a simple and smart solution for valves, float steam traps and strainers to increase thermal efficiency of the system and ensure safety.
Savery’s valve jackets have a physically robust design – despite of their soft and flexible structures, Savery’s insulation jackets recover their thermal performance even after extremely high compression events with their excellent spring back features. High water resistance of the jackets offers a level of protection against damp.
• Hot water and steam lines
• Refineries and gas processing plants
• Petro-chemical and chemical plants
• Power plants
• Military establishments
• Food and oil mills
• Textile industry
• Plastic plants
• Oil and gas processing industry
• Pharmaceutical plants
- Increasing thermal efficiency → reducing energy costs
- Ensuring safety → protection against injuries from hot surfaces and sharp edges
- Reducing noise level
- Fire protection
- Preventing frost on the armature
Thermal camera images prove the difference
For an example, an uninsulated DN100 globe valve which is used in fluid system at 160°C will cause approximately 1199 W energy loss hourly.
With continuous processes the annual heat loss can be up to 10,5 MWh per one valve.
* Calculations are based on following assumptions:
wind velocity 2 m/s, ambient temperature 25 °C,
emissivity 0,95, annular operation time 8765 hours.
Calculations are done for globe valve with flanges.
Features of Valve Jackets
* 230 °C corresponds to 26,5 bar.g saturated steam pressure rate
** 3-5 times better k value than other similar insulation materials
- Depending on the armature, a suitable bag type must be ordered. For an example, image on the right shows an insulation bag for globe valves but it can fit with other valve types with similar construction – 2-way control valves, ball valves etc. There are separate bag types for dirt strainers and float steam traps. You can find different bag types and sizes on page 3. To make sure if the insulation bag fits with your armature, please contact Savery’s representative.
- Installation sizes – DN15 – DN300
- Installation without the need of additional tools
- Jackets are easily removable with hook-and-loop fasteners and fastening ropes
- With higher operating temperatures multiple layers of insulation fabric can be combined to increase heat resistance